Friday 28 November 2014

Autumnal Nail Polishes



You know them crisps days where the sun is shining with blue skies and no cloud in sight... Them days are my absolute favourite. This is the time where fashion really does come into play. They are so many different styles, prints and colours this year, my all time favourite colours to wear during the Autumnal season is the classic burgundy, the burnt oranges and the deep purples. Especially on my nails.


Right to Left : Mustard, Dress to Kilt, Paprika, Bahama Mama and Chilli


If you were to see me I would most definitely 100 % be wearing one of these nail varnishes pictured above. Both Barry M and Essie, I find these brands to have the best colour pay off, especially as these particular ones are deeper tones. I tend to find some deep tones from different brands go streaky once applied. These I can assure you do not fall down that route. 




Barry M Mustard - Is literally the shade of mustard, no other colour describes it well. Its definitely a colour that is very much like marmite, you either love it or hate it. With its Gelly Hi Shine formula it glides on without any streaks,  it looks and delivers such high quality final results. 

Essie Dress to Kilt - I believe this was from one of their limited collections a few months back, so I'm not too sure whether its still available to purchase. If you are able to get your hands on this beautiful classic burgundy then you're in for a winner. Essie nail varnishes  last so long on the nails without the fear of chipping, something every girl dreads! I find the brush on all Essie nail varnishes to be the easiest and quickest application known to human kind, this just makes life so much easier!

Barry M Paprika - A typical burnt orange colour, something that every girl needs to have in their nail varnish collection. Its a must for the Autumnal season. Every time I wear this colour it reminds me of those big beautiful orange leaves you find on the floor when walking through the park. Again with its Gelly Hi Shine formula it gives an even finish without any streaks or patches. It looks beautiful paired with some plain silver midi rings.

Essie Bahama Mama - This deep purple colour is somewhat so mysterious and so magical on the nails. It feels like you are to wave your hands over a mystery ball, it really stands out. I like to wear this with a hint of glitter on top and is a perfect colour to wear when wearing a berry lipstick. Both colours just look gorgeous together. 

Barry M Chilli - Describing this nail varnish is difficult, it comes across in the light as a very deep terracotta if not verging into a brown. A slight different alternative if you aren't a lover of Barry M Paprika, then I'm pretty sure you will love this instead. A colour that would look beautiful on long nails. 

( You are able to buy Barry M and Essie nail varnishes at Boots )


Nail varnishes are something I love to collect, you can never have too many! Let me know if you have tried any of these and what you thought of them. Or if you have any suggestions on what Autumnal nail varnish I should purchase next, I would love to hear them all! Here's a question for you all... If you were to design an Autumnal nail varnish, what would you call it and why?



L x