Wednesday 26 November 2014

NARS Virtual Domination Palette



I was lucky enough to get my hands on the new limited edition NARS Virtual Domination palette (£45) a couple of days ago. I am starting to become a massive fan of NARS blushes and bronzers over the past month or two, so as soon as I read that NARS will be releasing their "Laced with Edge" Holiday collection I knew straight away that it was something I needed within my makeup collection, especially as there are two limited blush shades. Their face palettes are a great value for money in comparison to their individual shades you can buy, I also have last years palette 'Guy Bordin' and the colours are still going strong, they last forever.



The palette itself takes my breath away, it comes in a white case with a patterned overlay. Now you are probably surprised to see that this palette doesn't consist of the iconic rubberised packaging, I know I was. Instead it has a very sturdy plastic casing which does feel slightly heavier compared to their rubberised packaging but still is slightly smaller and ideal for on the go makeup kits. If you own something from NARS you will know that trying to keep the packaging clean is a nightmare, all your makeup from your makeup bag/collection tends to stick to it and make it look really grubby. Well not anymore, hallelujah I hear you say!

So inside this beautiful palette it consists of three blushes, one highlight and one bronzer. They have included one of my all time favourite product from NARS: Deep Throat Blush. This also featured in the Guy Bordin palette last year, so I was very pleased to see it make a reappearance again. Like last year Laguna bronzer is within the palette, but has doubled in size! Infact you actually get more in this palette that what you would get in a full sized Laguna, which is brilliant for money. As I previously mentioned there are two limited edition shades, the first being Sex Fantasy, a matte, soft pale lavender pink. This is something that I wouldn't of picked when browsing in NARS, but this colour I found really suited my skin tone and I really liked it. The other limited edition colour  is Final Cut, a matte peachy coral colour. I can see this colour becoming one of my favourites, up there with Deep Throat. It really is beautiful. The highlight, Miss Liberty, is one that I personally would wear during the evening. I love the pale peach tone but there is quite a lot of glitter, so for me it's not practical for daytime use. 


Clockwise from top left: Laguna, Final Cut, Sex Fantasy, Miss Liberty and Deep Throat

Left to Right: Miss Liberty, Deep Throat, Sex Fantasy, Final Cut, Laguna


Overall I am very happy with the formulation of these blushes/bronzer, they blend in so easily and the pigmentation of each blush is perfect, not too heavy nor too sheer, the perfect flush of colour on your cheeks. I can definitely see this palette making its way into my top favourites, Its was well worth the money and I have recommended it to all of my friends and family. Let me know what your thoughts are on this palette, I would love to hear them.

L x