Thursday 27 November 2014

The Nude Lipstick Collection


If you were to take a peak into my lipstick collection majority of the colours you were to find would either be nudes, pinks and on the rare occasion one red lipstick. The only time you will ever catch me wearing a slightly darker lipstick, verging into deep neutral colours, would be around the autumnal/winter season, this is the only time I feel comfortable wearing them. Now I will admit no other brands that I am yet to discover do a perfect nude lip like MAC does. The formula of these famous lipsticks are just beautiful and with the smell of vanilla cupcakes what more could you want. So lets just dedicate this time to my all time favourite lip colour of them all...

Nude







Creme D'Nude - One of MACs most popular lipsticks they sell. This is the most classic colour if you are wanting that plain nude lip. Its a Cremesheen finish meaning it is very creamy, soft and glossy on the lips. MAC describe this lipstick as a 'pale muted peach', but once applied to the lips it turns into a more fleshy tone and quite milky. Its that perfect everyday nude.


Hue - This is a type of nude lipstick with a slight hint of a light peachy pink. I absolutely love this lipstick, its one that I will always have in my lipstick collection. Its a glaze finish which will add that extra shine to your lips. Absolutely perfect for the summer if you aren't one for bright colours, this will compliment your skin tone beautifully. 

Creme Cup - Another cult classic from MAC, this lipstick is the perfect soft nude pink. The Cremesheen formula gives it that extra glossy look whilst moisturising your lips at the same time. It kind of reminds me of a 'your lips but better' colour once applied, I love it. Its one lipstick that never fails to amaze me, I fall in love all over again when I wear this.

Angel - A popular lipstick from the likes of Kim Kardashian, this is again a soft nude pink tone with beautiful silver micro-shimmers running through it. It is very similar to Creme Cup in colour and depth but Angel is a touch cooler. I find that the first swipe of this is quite sheer as it is a Frost finish, so you are able to build up its intensity if needed.

Blankety - A soft beige pink this is one out of two lipsticks I adore wearing during the autumnal month. Again its very much like a 'your lips but better' colour once applied. Its an Amplified finish which provides full coverage and lasts a lot longer on the lips. This lipstick with smokey eyes is just flawless.

Modesty - Now this lipstick at the moment is my all time favourite, I cannot seem to put it down. I recently discovered this paired with Dervish lip line from MAC and oh my this takes it from one extreme to another. It gives your lips that gorgeous glossy look with its Cremesheen finish and its my go to lipstick choice at the moment. I'm obsessed. 



You can purchase all lipsticks mentioned from Debenhams or MAC.


So now you've taken a look into my current collection of nude lipsticks I would love to know what your favourites are? Or even if you think I'm seriously missing something from my collection then please let me know, I'm open to all suggestions.  




L x